An individual is disqualified if the individual has been convicted, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, of any of the disqualifying crimes listed below during the 10 years before the date of the individual’s application for authority to perform covered functions, or while the individual has the authority to perform covered functions.
- Forgery of certificates, false marking of aircraft and other aircraft registration violation.
- Interference with air navigation.
- Improper transportation of a hazardous material.
- Aircraft piracy.
- Interference with flight crewmembers or flight attendants.
- Commission of certain crimes aboard aircraft in flight.
- Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard aircraft.
- Conveying false information and threats.
- Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States.
- Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances.
- Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or foreign carriers contrary to established security requirements.
- Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility.
- Assault with intent to murder.
- Kidnapping or hostage taking.
- Rape or aggravated sexual abuse.
- Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon.
- Armed or felony unarmed robbery.
- Distribution of or intent to distribute a controlled substance.
- Felony arson.
- Felony involving a threat.
- Felony involving: I. Willful destruction of property; II. Importation or manufacture of a controlled substance; III. Burglary; IV. Theft; V. Dishonesty, fraud and misrepresentation; VI. Possession or distribution of stolen property; VII. Aggravated assault. VIII. Bribery; or IX. Illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 year.
- Violence at international airports.
- Conspiracy or attempt to commit any of the criminal acts listed above.
I understand that I am under continuous obligation to disclose to Republic Airways and any Airport where I have an active SIDA badge any convictions and/or arrests within 24 hours of any disqualifying criminal offense or having been found not guilty by reason of insanity that occurs while I have unescorted access authority.
I understand that I may obtain a copy of my criminal history records sent to Republic Airways by submitting a written request to Human Resources within 30 days of being advised that my criminal history record disqualifies me from being issued an airport badge. I understand that if I believe that any information is inaccurate, I may directly contact the agency that reported the disqualifying conviction to correct my record.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I hereby forever release and discharge Republic Airways and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees, as well as successors, assigns and all other persons acting on its behalf, from any claims, liability, action for damages, compensation or otherwise, known or unknown, on account of arising out of the investigation and disclosure of the requested information.
I further release and discharge all liability from all companies, agencies, officers, officials, employees, and persons providing good faith, pertinent information and/or records as requested to successfully complete a background investigation for my application of employment.
The information I have provided on this application is true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and is provided in good faith. I understand that a knowing and willful false statement on this application can be grounds for the withdrawal of offer of employment or termination of employment, it can also be punished by a fine, imprisonment, or both (See section 1001 of Title 18 United States Code).
Unless noted in the completed List of Disqualifying Crimes, I hereby acknowledge that by signing this application that I do not have any disqualifying criminal offense.
Federal regulations under 14 CFR 107.209 (1) impose a continuing obligation to disclose to the airport operator (Republic Airways) within 24 hours if he or she is convicted of any disqualifying criminal offense that occurs while he or she has unescorted access authority.
I hereby authorize Republic Airways and its employees to verify, obtain copies of records and gather any information pertaining to my submitting application for employment.
By checking the box, you’re acknowledging that the information provided is true, complete, and correct to the best of your knowledge and is provided in good faith. Falsifying information or non-disclosure on this application would be grounds for withdrawal of offer of employment or dismissal if hired by Republic Airways.
I understand that if I am offered a position with Republic Airways or one of its subsidiary companies I may be required to provide personal information, such as Driver’s License info, Passport, Date of Birth, Criminal Record, etc., required by the Federal Aviation Association (“FAA”) and the Transportation Security Administration (“TSA”).